Comments from our visitors book
- Mr & Mrs H, from Bexhill-on-sea. East Sussex, 'Thank you for your warm and friendly reception and the personal knowledge and advice. We greatly enjoyed our stay with you and found the room and breakfasts well above our expectations. We crammed in a great deal of adventures in while staying with you and found your location to be of great benefit, as we could reach North and South Cornwall with ease. We have no reservations in recommending you to our friends and family and next time we come to Cornwall for a visit we have you on our great places to stay list. Thank you for your hospitality and hope to see you again in the future.'
- 'As former editor of Cornwall Life magazine I have stayed at a lot of places in Cornwall - this is easily the best of the small B & Bs we have stayed at.'
- Mr & Mrs C, from Normanby, North Yorks, 'A wonderful stay - Best B & B yet!'
- Miss B, from Wagga, NSW, Australia, 'Absolutely lovely. Couldn't wish for better service - thank you'
- Mr & Mrs M, Cambridge, 'Superb, peaceful, comfortable and an excellent breakfast - thank you.'
- Mr & Mrs T, Southampton, 'Delightful house, breakfast and hosts!'
- Mr & Mrs D, Bristol, 'Fantastic B & B with beautiful garden and amazing breakfast with home made bread.'
- Mr & Mrs D, Germany, 'Again, we want to thank you for the warm welcome. Further more, our stays in your home was absolutely the best one of all the B&B accommodation in the last 8 days. Also the nice garden, the quiet and beautiful house was a pleasure for us.'
- I stayed at the Old Schoolhouse for 4 nights,each morning my wonderfully cooked breakfast was shared with the birds from inside the warm Orangery,afterwards 15 minutes in the beautiful garden set me up for a relaxed day. On return it was a pleasure to open my room and find it had had the touch that only my mum had previously been able to do,my bed was warmed by the electric blanket and all tea,coffee and chocolate, complete with lovely Cornish biscuits awaited me. When I left it was hard not to say " goodbye mum "
- Karthic, Norwich, 'Excellent stay and wonderful hospitality. Room had a great feel to it, absolutely clean, gave me the sense of 'homestay'.Thanks to you guys we had an exciting and unforgettable trip. Will be back to complete my walks hopefully'.
- Ron, Joni and Betty,California 'We ,love the gardens, the hosts Libby and Mike and our comfortable stay at The Old school House. Thanks for all the extras!'
- Dave, Basingstoke 'Been before, great room, cosy. Had a flat tyre and Mike and Libby were fantastic, more than helpful. Many thanks.'
- Anja and Ruud Verspeek from Rotterham 'One of the best B & B's ever. Wonderful room, great location and excellent breakfast. Great hospitality. We really felt at home here and thank you for driving us to Bodmin.'
- “If you want to stay in a lovely part of the country, in a beautiful house, and be looked after by an exceptional host... then this is the place for you! As we were on a flying visit to Cornwall to visit the Eden Project, we only needed to stay for one night, but really wished it could have been more! Libby is an amazing host, very gracious and nothing was too much trouble. As a guest, you have a private double room with en-suite bathroom, TV, tea and coffee making facilities (several different kinds of both available!) and everything is spotlessly clean. I loved the little extra thoughtful touches Libby provided. You also have full access to a large conservatory, where breakfast was served, this was substantial and very tasty. We really enjoyed our stay, in this very peaceful and tranquil setting, and would most certainly stay again, I would Throughly Recommend a stay at the Old School House to everyone!” Helen & Ian
- We could tell that Libby is a very experienced BnB host, as the whole process was seamless. The room is comfortable, warm and clean, and the cooked breakfast was delicious! We enjoyed watching the birds and small creatures in the beautiful garden. Thanks for having us!
Claire, London, United Kingdom December 2018
- I had a lovely stay at The Bothy, Bodmin. Libby was the perfect hostess, the place was outstandingly clean and the breakfast divine (especially the home made granola!). The location was perfect for exploring all that Cornwall has to offer and I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended if you are a single person planning a short stay, or longer holiday, in Cornwall. A+
Bernadette, England, 2019
- Umit says 'Amazing place to stay with beautiful scenery!”
- Phillip stayed in The Bothy ' The Bothy is a delightful spot....even a bolt hole for the solo traveller. Providing single accommodation with all the home comforts without being intrusive. Very welcoming hospitality from hosts Libby and Mike with accommodation set aside from the old schoolhouse and with a picturesque setting with outside seating seating. A super breakfast choice and local information on hand to plan onward travel. Highly recommended'